2009 NHL Draft Prospect Preview: Nazem Kadri

Nazem Kadri (Photo from gulphstorm.com)

In this next profile on our hockey draft prospects we look at Nazem Kadri.

Nazem Kadri, C
Height: 6’
Weight: 175
Current Team: London Knights (OHL)

What they are saying:
(Click link to read full story)

My NHL Draft:

This is a guy who improved by leaps and bounds last year and has continued on that trajectory this season. Centring the second line with the Memorial Cup finalist Kitchener Rangers last season, Kadri showed some highlight reel moves and has great stick skills and dekeing ability with the puck. Has great speed, which he uses quite effectively to get to an open spot.
He possesses a great shot and has been shooting more than in the past this season, with great success so far. He has the ability to read the play around him quite well and react quickly. We predicted he would be far better offensively this season and we were right on the money. First line ice and bursting confidence with do that for a player. Now one of the most dangerous offensive players in the OHL, 90 points and a high NHL selection are in the cards for this well rounded player.

NHL.com:

He's big, lanky and skilled. He uses his size to accentuate his puck skills. Size, reach, stick handling ability, those long kinds of stick movements that Mario (Lemieux) used to make, like (Vincent) Lecavalier makes.

Even Strength (OHL Scouting Report):

A true sniper.  When you want a quick shot with great stick handling skills, you want Kadri on the ice.  As a Memorial cup finalist last season with the Kitchener Rangers, Kadri was used as a setup man where he showed his quick passes and excellent speed. Now as a London Knight, Coach Dale Hunter gave Nazem a boost of confidence in order to show his offensive talent in not only in setting up his linemates, but in shooting the puck more.  Many say he’s a complete, all –around offensive player in the league and can be put on any position on any line. Projection: Top line sniper. Style compared to:  Paul Kariya