SBN 2009 NHL Mock Draft: Day 3

09-nhl-draft_medium

Here is the latest update on the Mock Draft we are doing on James Mirtle's From the Rink. All the blog managers are selecting for their respective teams. I will be picking for the Rangers over the weekend, pick will be published on Monday. Tomorrow we will begin polling as to who you think the Rangers should draft. Feel free to click the links in the table below for more information.

# Team Pick Blogger's notes More analysis:
1 N.Y. Islanders John Tavares, London (OHL) The sexy pick, the consensus pick, the right pick. He's what this team and franchise needs most. Get ready for "Islanders goal scored by #91..." because they're coming in bunches. Lighthouse Hockey
2 Tampa Bay Victor Hedman, Modo (Swe) A boy playing  among men in the Swedish Elite League (and thriving) the past two seasons, Hedman starts immediately on the TB blueline and can contribute at both ends of the ice. Raw Charge
3 Colorado Matt Duchene, Brampton (OHL) No big surprise here; we’ll take whichever of the big 3 is available and immediately offer them a position as GM & coach. Mile High Hockey
4 Atlanta Evander Kane, Vancouver (WHL) Named after Atlanta boxing legend Evander Holyfield, Kane adds some scoring punch to Atlanta's top six — perhaps as early as this fall. Bird Watchers Anonymous
5 Los Angeles Braydon Schenn, Brandon (WHL) Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson is the popular pick here, seeing as how the Kings need a left winger badly, but I'm counting on Dean Lombardi's love of grit and distaste for Swedes to influence his decision here. Plus, I really wanted to upset Toronto fans. Battle of California
6 Phoenix Jared Cowen, Spokane (WHL) The Coyotes are deep on forward prospects and badly need young defensemen. Cowen is a beast who could play in the NHL very soon if his recently repaired knee doesn't hamper him. Five For Howling
7 Toronto Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson, Timra IK (Swe) Most of Canada already hates him, so he'll fit in just fine. Plus he provides the high-end Swedish forward that the Leafs have been missing since last April. Pension Plan Puppets
8 Dallas Oliver Ekman-Larssen, Leksand IF (Swe-2) Dallas is fortunate to not only draft the best player available but also pick a defenseman that fills a glaring need in the Stars' system Defending Big D
9 Ottawa Nazem Kadri, London (OHL) With Ottawa's recent emphasis on drafting skilled defencemen, Kadri gives the Senators a good skilled forward to fill out the team's development systems — maybe even one of those ever-elusive top-six forwards. Silver Seven
10 Edmonton
11 Nashville
12 Minnesota
13 Buffalo