Cya Later Nik Antropov

NY Post

Sather meanwhile categorized the contract demands from impending unrestricted free agent Nik Antropov, whom the Blueshirts acquired from Toronto at the deadline for a second-round pick, as "ridiculous."

"Based on the first volley from [agent] Mark Gandler, there is a slim chance [of Antropov returning]," the general manager said following the fifth round of the Entry Draft. "There's a snowball's chance in hell that's going to happen. It's ridiculous. I hate to criticize an agent, but let's have a little bit of reality here."

Antropov, who scored seven goals in 18 regular-season games for the Blueshirts but was barely a factor in the first-round defeat by Washington, earned $2.05 million last year. He's believed seeking a long-term deal for at least $5 million per. Good luck to him.

Most saw this one coming. Antropov was coming off a career year and was bound to ask for an inflated contract from the Rangers. I was furious when the Rangers traded for Antropov with their 2nd round pick in this years draft for this exact reason. Antropov helped them get into the playoffs no doubt, but everyone knew there would be no happy ending for the Rangers. As constructed last season, the Rangers were bound for a one and done playoffs. At the time of the trade, it was a foregone conclusion that the Rangers could not fit Antropov under the cap next season. So in the end, instead of the Rangers having two second round picks and adding more quality youth to their system, they have zero to show for it.

If Glen Sather, the same person who deemed Wade Redden to be worth a $39 million contract thinks Nik Antropov's contract demands are 'ridiculous', well all I have to say is Good Luck Antro.