FanPost

Brian Boyle...a wasted Phil Kessel?

Nhl_a_kessel_195_medium

via assets.espn.go.com

New York Post writer has an article based on how he feels that trading the third round pick from 2010 cost the Rangers the chance at acquiring Boston's RFA Phil Kessel.

Larry says "IN SENDING a third-round selection in next year's Entry Draft to Los Angeles for fourth-line center candidate Brian Boyle, Rangers general manager Glen Sather traded his team out of the possibility of getting Boston's dynamic Phil Kessel on a Group II free agent offer sheet."

If the Rangers would have signed Phil Kessel (36G, 24A, 60Pts in 2008/09) to an Offer Sheet worth 5.5 million per season the Rangers would have had to give the Bruins their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks in the 2010 draft.

After putting it in this perspective, Brian Boyle seems to have large shoes to fill. Do you think the move for Brian Boyle was a good move? Do you think the Rangers would have even tried to sign Kessel to an offer sheet? Have at it in the comments section/