NHL News: Checking in on the Free Agency Rumbling

As the NHL gets set to go shopping, here are some of the nuggets hitting the net:

From ESPN.com: (click the link for the full story)

It looks as though Carolina Hurricanes forwards Erik Cole and Chad LaRose, as well as blueliner Dennis Seidenberg, will all hit the unrestricted free-agent market Wednesday.

Veteran forwards P.J. Axelsson, Mark Recchi and Stephane Yelle are among the Boston Bruins who will hit unrestricted free agency Wednesday unless there's a last-minute agreement.

"I don't expect any signings today," Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said on a media conference call Tuesday.

From TSN.ca

If the Montreal Canadiens want to retain Mike Komisarek's services, they'll have to compete with a handful of other teams starting at Noon et on Wednesday.

The agent for the veteran defenceman told the media Tuesday that his client will test the free agent market.

Rumor on Komisarek is he wants to return home to Long Island.