BREAKING RANGER NEWS: SCOTT GOMEZ TRADED TO MONTREAL

According to TSN, the Rangers have traded Scott Gomez to Montreal for Winger Chris Higgins.

Here is the full story from TSN.

Highlights:

The Montreal Canadiens have acquired centre Scott Gomez from the New York Rangers in exchange for winger Christopher Higgins.

Gomez, 29, is coming off a down season for the Rangers, finishing with 58 points, his lowest total since 2002-2003.

Higgins, a 26-year-old restricted free agent winger, also struggled in 2008-2009, scoring a career-low 23 points in 57 games as he missed a combined 25 games with hand and groin injuries.

Is this a cap clearing move to a bigger trade? Or do the Rangers have a free agent splash planned for tomorrow? We'll know soon, more later

Jim