UPDATE ON THE GOMEZ TRADE, GLEN SATHER, DANY HEATLEY

Rick Carpinelli over at Rangers Report has some comments from Sather on the trade:

Highlights:

"Torts has talked about the young guys all year and we wanted to make some room for them, and we did."

"Since this deal happened I’ve had three calls (from other teams), and it doesn’t take long for people to realize you’re going to make some changes."

"I spoke with Chris. He’s very excited coming here. He’s very optimistic."

Sounds like he doesn’t expect any trouble signing him.
————————
CHRIS HIGGINS:

Called his injuries bumps in the road. Had an injury in preseason, came back and hurt his shoulder.

Was surprised about the trade. Heard his name thrown around all year "but you never believe it’s going to happen."

Carp is also reporting that Heatley could be a Ranger tonight, but nothing definite:

I’ve been told that Heatley is coming to the Rangers tonight. Not sure what the Rangers are giving up to get him, but they can fit him under the cap now.

Its going to be crazy the next 36 hours, don't forget we will be live tomorrow night on Blueshirt Banter Radio