Dany Heatley trade may be off, or may never have been on

Rick Carp is correcting himself, saying the Heatley deal may not have been imminent:

Now it sounds as if the Rangers are done for the night—I was wondering why they had the Glen Sather conference call so early. And if they are done for the night, that probably means they are done in the dealing for Dany Heatley.

Earlier I said it looked like it was getting done. Apparently what I was actually hearing but not comprehending was the Gomez deal going down. Sorry about that.

Either way, I think the Rangers had a great day.

Remember, we are going to be talking about the trade, the draft, and the first day of free agency tomorrow night on Blueshirt Banter Radio.