NHL News: Brent Sutter to step down as Devils head coach

 TSN is reporting that New Jersey Devils head coach Brent Sutter is stepping down as head coach. here is the full story:

Highlights:

"Sources confirm to TSN that the New Jersey Devils will announce today that head coach Brent Sutter is stepping down, citing personal and family reasons. Sutter has a year left on his contract with New Jersey.

If Sutter is to become a candidate for the vacant Calgary Flames' head coaching position, the Flames would have to ask permission from New Jersey Devils' GM Lou Lamoriello to speak with Sutter."

This might be a move to get Sutter to be a canadate to coach in Calgary. Rumors surfaced that this might happen a few weeks ago and now it seems to be coming to life. Sutter has one year left on his contract with the Devils.