FanPost

Rangers Salary Cap Situation

With the additions of Marian Gaborik, Ales Kotalik, Chris Higgins and Donald Brashear you may be wondering what the New York Rangers cap situation looks like. Well, I used CapGeek to punch in some salaries to see how close to the salary cap the Rangers are. As you'll see below, I've removed Nik Zherdev from the roster, demoted Rismiller, Arnason and Voros to the AHL and awarded Callahan ($2.3M) Dubinsky ($2M) and Korpikoski ($1.1M) new contract extensions. This leaves the Rangers a roster of 19 players about $3M under the salary cap, needing to add one to three more players to the roster, since the current lineup I have only has 11 forwards.