FanPost

Rangers News: Arbitration Dates for Ryan Callahan and Zherdev Announced

Ryan Callahan will have his salary arbitration hearing on July 23rd while Nikolai Zherdev will have his on July 31st.

This gives the Rangers about two weeks to get their act together and bang out a long term extension with Cally and gives sather about 3 weeks to move Zherdev if he can.  For those of you who think that Kotalik at 3 years for 3 mil a year is a good price then you should be begging Sather to lock up Cally for 4-5 years at about 2.5 mil a year is what i believe he should get.

I am surprised that there has been no news out of the situation with Dubinsky whether it be an arbitration filing or a deal being announced and that kind of makes me nervous.  I would give Dubi a very similar deal to that i would give Callahan and make the statement to them, the team and the fans that both of these players are ones they intend to build around along with Staal next year as the young core of this team.