FanPost

Breakdown of Lauri Korpikoski Trade

Here is a little comic relief to what seems to be, a tense and anxious Banter over the last week or so.

Window Lady:   Welcome to Phoenix! How can I help you?
Glen:  Yeah hi, can i trade for one of your prospects?
Window Lady:  Glen?
Glen:  Yeah…
Window Lady:  Back again I see… you staying for long?
Glen:  … No…
Window Lady:  Well who do you want this time?
Glen:  I’ll take Enver Lisin.
Window Lady:  Ok, that will cost Lauri Korpikoski, Please pull up to the next window.
Lauri:  Huh? What?
Glen:  Ok, thanks.
Sather pulls up.. Lauri peers inside the window
Nigel:  Hey Lauri.
Lauri:  …
Petr:  Hey man!
Lauri:  Petr…Nigel…
Dmitri:  Sup dude.
Lauri:  ****! Glen?
Glen:  Get out of my car.
Don Maloney walks up to the window from inside
Don:  Heeey Pal!  Here’s Lisin.  Come back again next year, I could sure use Hagelin or Stepan.
Glen:  We’ll talk…
Lauri:  I’ll do anything Glen… please!
Petr-Nigel-Dmitri:  One of us! One of us!
Lauri:  No… ple- One of us!
Glen:  …Good…
Don:  Alright Glen, I don’t want you to overstay your welcome. Take ca-
Al Montoya rushes to the window
Al:  Glen! It’s me! I’m good…. really! Take me back man I’m sorry!
Don:  Petr, take Al back inside, he can’t see daylight remember?
Petr grabs Al and begins to take him away
Al:  Nooo! Glen, buddy, c’mon!
Glen:  Well take it easy Don, Let’s go Enver.
Enver:  Yes!
Al (fading):  Don’t leave me here!!!
Don-Glen-Enver:  Ahahaha!!
Window Lady:  Thanks for shopping Phoenix! $164,000 is your change.  Come back next year now!
Glen:  Will do ma’am.

The change is the salary difference between players from last year's cap hit, according to nhlnumbers.  Glad some of you enjoyed this piece, and for those who haven't seen this, hope you enjoy it too.