FanPost

Rangers post preseaon schedule

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced the 2009 pre-season schedule today, featuring three games at Madison Square Garden and a total of seven games in 13 days.

The Rangers will kick off the 2009 pre-season with a back-to-back set, opening against the Boston Bruins on Tuesday, September 15, before travelling to Newark to face-off against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday, September 16.

 New York will then head to Detroit to face the Red Wings on Friday, September 18, in the first of back-to-back road games.  The Blueshirts will travel to Boston to face the Bruins in the second game of the back-to-back road set on Saturday, September 19.

On Monday, September 21, the Rangers return to The Garden to host the Red Wings. The Rangers will wrap up their pre-season schedule with a home-and-home set against the Capitals beginning on Thursday, September 24, in their final home game of the exhibition season, and concluding on Sunday, September 27, in an afternoon contest at Washington.

The 2009 New York Rangers training camp begins with players reporting to New York for physical testing at the Madison Square Garden Training Facility on Saturday, September 12.

RANGERS' 2009 PRESEASON SCHEDULE
(All times Eastern Standard Time)
Day Date Opponent Site Time
Tuesday Sept. 15 Boston Madison Square Garden 7 p.m.
Wednesday Sept. 16 New Jersey Prudential Center 7 p.m.
Friday Sept. 18 Detroit Joe Louis Arena 7:30 p.m.
Saturday Sept. 19 Boston TD Banknorth Garden 4 p.m.
Monday Sept. 21 Detroit Madison Square Garden 7 p.m.
Thursday Sept. 24 Washington Madison Square Garden 7 p.m.
Sunday Sept. 27 Washington Verizon Center 12 p.m.

I am happy to see the rangers going up against three of the top teams in the NHL. It should be a great test to see where they need improvement for their upcoming season.

<!--Session data-->