Ortmeyer Signs With The Sharks

SAN JOSE, Calif. — Right wing Jed Ortmeyer is among five players who agreed to one-year contracts with the San Jose Sharks on Thursday.

Ortmeyer spent the past two seasons in the Nashville Predators' organization after three years with the New York Rangers. The defensive-minded forward played 51 games with Nashville in the 2007-08 season before injuring his knee and spending most of last season in the minors.

The Canadian Press