New York Rangers Spotlight: Michal Rozsival

At season's end, Rob did an analysis of each player on the roster, and gave some thoughts on what lies ahead for each one. Since so many of you are new to Blueshirt Banter, we thought we would bring some of those profiles to you again. Today we have Rob's look at Michal Roszival:

#33 - Michal Rozsival (Age: 30) - Grade: C+

Rozsival had a dip in production this season, only netting 8 goals with 22 assists for 30 points and a -7 rating. He was virtually invisible offensively in the playoffs, but he did have to deal with some injury troubles and played well in his own end. 2008-2009 was supposed to be a big season for Rozival, and as I stated with the dip in production he was a bit of a disappointment. I could see a new offensive system benefitting Rozival and returning him to some old form, but he will have to work hard to prove his worth with young Ranger defensive prospects waiting for their chances.

Final thought from Jim: With Rozsival's high salary, he was the subject of every real or imagined trade rumor that floated its way down the Internet. At this point, it appears the Rangers are set to go into the season with Roszival on the roster.

Contract Status: Rozsival is signed through the end of the 2012 season at $5M per year.