Richards Or Marleau Could Be Rangers Targets

Not that I would like the Rangers to be interested in either center, it's very likely that they will make a phone call or too to check the availability of Richards and Marleau. There have been rumors that Patrick Marleau was being shopped by the Sharks as they are trying to revamp their roster and make changes. Brad Richards is coming off a seson where he broke his wrist and then broke his left hand almost immediately after returning to lineup. He obviously has a history with Tortorella and for the right price the Stars could move him after they had an awful season. The question for the Stars though is whether or not they think they're a bad team or just had a bad year.

With the Rangers seemingly out of the running for Heatley, the assets that would have been flipped for him can be used on Richards or Marleau. Despite a large cap hit at $7.8 million, Richards only has two seasons remaining on his contract. A trade for Richards would most definitely send Michal Rozsival as part of the package to the Stars. They were rumored to have almost traded for him during the season. Marleau has a cap hit of $6.3 and has one year left.

I'd rather the Rangers sit back and give Dubinsky and Anisimov a shot at centering Gaborik. But I guess this is New York and the attitude is win now or go home. Then again, Sather did sign Brashear and he did sign Gaborik so who knows what he's planning on doing