FanPost

Rangers Sign Lisin

Here is the press release:

New York, July 21, 2009 – New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has agreed to terms with restricted free agent forward Enver Lisin.

Lisin, 23, was acquired by the Rangers from the Phoenix Coyotes, in exchange for Lauri Korpikoski on Monday. He skated in 48 games with Phoenix last season, registering 13 goals and eight assists for 21 points, along with 24 penalty minutes. Lisin established career-highs in games played, goals, assists, points, penalty minutes, game-winning goals (two), and shots (105). He tied for second on the team in even strength goals (12), tied for third in goals scored at home (eight), and tied for fifth in total goals. He posted four multi-point performances, including a career-high, three-point effort on March 30 against Dallas (two goals and one assist). In addition, Lisin recorded six points (two goals and four assists) in 10 games with the San Antonio Rampage of the American Hockey League (AHL) this past season.

The 6-2, 200 pounder has skated in 78 career regular season games in three seasons for the Phoenix Coyotes, registering 18 goals and 10 assists for 28 points, along with 46 penalty minutes. Lisin made his NHL debut on October 14, 2006 at Nashville, and recorded his first career point with an assist in his next game on October 17, 2006 at St. Louis.

Lisin has also appeared in 70 career AHL contests with San Antonio, collecting 20 goals and 23 assists for 43 points, along with 36 penalty minutes. In 2007-08, Lisin established AHL career-highs in games played (58), goals (16), assists (19), and points (26). He also posted a career-best, seven-game scoring streak from November 27 vs. Milwaukee to December 14 against Quad City, registering eight points (three goals and five assists) over the span.

In addition, Lisin skated in 116 career contests with Kazan Ak-Bars of the Russian Super League (RSL), recording 21 goals and 11 assists for 32 points, along with 48 penalty minutes.

So for those of you who were worried that we dealt Korpo and werent going to sign this kid up those fears can be eased.  I would assume a 1-2 year deal somewhere around 1 mil per.  As of right now i would expect Lisin to be a 3rd line winger with Avery and Artem, but training camp and any other moves that Sather makes this offseason would certainly impact how any of that plays out.  Now time to get Dubi signed to something.