Rangers Spotlight: Chris Drury

At season's end, Rob did an analysis of each player on the roster, and gave some thoughts on what lies ahead for each one. Since so many of you are new to Blueshirt Banter, we thought we would bring some of those profiles to you again. Today we have Rob's look at Chris Drury:

#23 - Chris Drury (Age: 32) - Grade: B-

 Drury's point total dropped for the fourth season in a row to 56, along with his goal total to 22. Still, he was third on the team in scoring, and won over 55% of his face-offs for the season. I'm sure Drury is disappointed in his point totals dropping as well, but I think it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Drury has gotten even better at face-offs than he has been in the past, and he does a lot of little things right that win hockey games. Drury could easily be one of the players to heavily benefit from a new and aggressive system, as he reads the game well and capitalizes on other teams' mistakes.

Final thoughts from Jim:

With Scott Gomez traded to Montreal, Drury's life in the fishbowl is now a little tougher, as he no longer has Gomez to share the blame with for the Rangers offensive woes. The addition of former Buffalo linemate Ales Kotalik may help to improve his numbers. The spotlight's on the Captain for the 2009-2010 season, he is going to need to raise his game.

Contract Status: Drury is signed until the end of the 2012 season with a yearly cap hit of $7.05M