NHL News: Islanders say "Radio Broadcast? We don't need no stinkin' radio broadcast!"

via www.mrmilkman.com

In case you didn't hear, the Islanders have decided that having a radio broadcast is just too bothersome, and have fired announcers Chris King and Steve Mears, and have received permission from MSG to simulcast the TV broadcast on the radio.

Now I don't pretend to know how much it costs to put together a radio broadcast, we usually come in just under our $9 budget for Blueshirt Banter Radio, but to me this seems like a pretty bad way to start what is supposed to be a new era for your franchise, firing the only true "Voices of the Islanders".

What this means boys and girls, is that the man who made the most famous call in New York Ranger history is now the sole voice of the New York Islanders.

For Islander fans who still want to hear a radio broadcast, I hear that Bryan Trottier is going to be doing a pirate broadcast from his basement, which he will let you listen to for a $10 Paypal donation.