Rangers Spotlight: Brandon Dubinsky

At season's end, Rob did an analysis of each player on the roster, and gave some thoughts on what lies ahead for each one. Since so many of you are new to Blueshirt Banter, we thought we would bring some of those profiles to you again. Today we have Rob's look at Brandon Dubinsky:

#17 - Brandon Dubinsky (Age: 23) - Grade: B

 One of the best forwards for his age and role on the Rangers all season, hands down. He tallied 13 goals and 28 assists for a 1 point improvement over last season to 41 points. He upped his shots on goal by over 30, and went from 0 Game-Winners last season to 7 this season. Next season could be huge for Dubinsky, who if he matures a little more in his body could be doing what he did in playoffs all season. He needs to watch the amount of time he spends in the box though, as he takes unnecessary penalties sometimes.

Final thought from Jim:

Ranger fans are getting a little worried about Dubinsky not being signed yet. There is plenty of time left, and there doesn't seem to be any animosity between the two sides, this should get done soon. Most of us are looking for Dubinsky to get a shot at being the Number 1 center.

Contract Status:

Brandon Dubinsky is currently a restricted free agent.