New York Rangers Spotlight: Ryan Callahan

At season's end, Rob did an analysis of each player on the roster, and gave some thoughts on what lies ahead for each one. Since so many of you are new to Blueshirt Banter, we thought we would bring some of those profiles to you again. Today we have Rob's look at Ryan Callahan:

#24 Ryan Callahan RW

In his second full season with the Rangers Callahan made a huge impact. Arguably the best forward on the club all season, he netted 22 goals and added 18 helpers for 40 points, and ended up with a +7 rating. He had over 230 shots, and still did great in his own end blocking shots as well. There isn't much else I can say about Callahan, who really just stood out in a group of forwards that struggled all season. He is an RFA going into the summer, and I really hope Sather has enough cash to keep Cally, otherwise you will see a Ranger uprising in response.

Final Thoughts from Jim:

Well obviously we all know by now that Callahan has been signed for 2 years, which means Callahan could be putting himself in position to cash in huge in 2011. I still think there is a "C" on the sweater in Callahan's future, he is a star in the making on Broadway, and part of a very promising young core of players destined to wear the Blueshirt for many years to come.

Contract Status:

The ink is still drying on Callahan's new two year $4.5M contract.