NHL News: Sergei Zubov headed for KHL?

via www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com

Looks like those of us who wanted a Sergei Zubov reunion on Broadway (including yours truly) may be out of luck.

According to Beyond the Blueshirts, a report on Russian Sports Website Sports Express says Zubov is close to signing a deal with SKA St.Petersburg of the KHL.

As always, Beyond the Blueshirts is second to none in finding these stories from overseas and posting them up.

Click here for the full story.

I thought Zubov would have been a nice addition to help on the power play for a year, and help in grooming the young defensive prospects in the Rangers stable. Looks like we may never know.

UPDATE: It's official, TSN is reporting Zubov has signed the deal