Larry Brooks: Rangers in talks with Brandon Dubinsky

In today's NY Post, Larry Brooks says the Rangers are in talks with Dubi's reps:

The Blueshirts are at approximately $51M of the $56.8M cap. That does not include either Zherdev or Brandon Dubinsky, who remains an unsigned Group II free agent. That number also does not include a fourth center, fourth right wing or sixth defenseman.

The Post has learned the team is in conversations with Dubinsky's representative regarding contracts of varying lengths, though neither party would characterize the state of the discussions that will accelerate upon the conclusion of Zherdev's final 96 hours.

Earlier this month, the Blueshirts signed Group II free agent Ryan Callahan to a two-year, $4.6M contract. Dubinsky's agent is certain to cite that deal -- Dubinsky went 13-28-41 last year, Callahan 22-18-40; Dubinsky is a career 27-54-81 in 170 games, Callahan 34-25-59 in 147 games -- but Callahan owned the leverage of salary arbitration rights while Dubinsky has no systemic leverage unless he can attract an offer sheet.

Full Story Here.