Rangers nuggets that no one may care about but me

Three of the players the Rangers acquired this week (Brian Boyle, Ryan McDonagh, Christopher Higgins) were first round draft picks.

  • Boyle was selected 26th overall by the Los Angeles Kings in 2003.
  • Christopher Higgins was selected 14th overall by the Montreal Canadiens in 2002.
  • McDonagh was selected 12th overall by the Canadiens in 2007.

Christopher Higgins scored his first NHL goal against the Rangers on October 6th, 2005. Kevin Weekes was in goal for the Blueshirts.

Brian Boyle scored a goal in his first NHL game, coming against the Devils and Martin Brodeur.

Brian Boyle will tie Chris McAllister as the tallest player to ever play for the Rangers. Both are 6'7".

That's your useless trivia for today