FanPost

Rangers in the mix for Derek Morris?

According to thefourthperiod.com the New York Rangers have been in talks with Defenseman Derek Morris. The following is an article from the above website...

There are several teams interested in signing unrestricted free agent defenseman Derek Morris, but the 30-year-old plans on taking his time before making any decisions.

Morris, who made $3.95 million last season, is mulling over all his options.

"We're being patient," Morris' agent, Brad Devine, told TFP. "We have a few situations that we're interested in, but we're not in a hurry."

Morris split the 2008-09 campaign between the Phoenix Coyotes and New York Rangers. He was dealt to the Blueshirts at the trade deadline for Dmitri Kalinin, Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes.

Devine acknowledged that the Rangers have expressed an interest in re-signing his client.

"Yes, they have. Glen and I have had a couple talks," he said. "They're definitely in the loop."

Morris is looking for an environment he's comfortable with, as Devine indicated that the length of his next contract isn't a deciding factor.

"Term doesn't really bother Derek," Devine explained. "Term seems to be an issue out there, but one-year is fine with him... two years, three years, four years; he's flexible."

In 75 games last season, Morris tallied five goals and 15 assists.

I do beleive he would be better to have here then Zubov...but if i had to choose between Morris and Bergeron, I would not be able to choose.

How would you all like to see Morris back in the loop? Personally I would not mind seeing him back in a Rangers uniform, but for a reasonable price. I believe he could do well in Torts style of play. What do you all think of this? If you would like to see him back, how long would you like to see him here for and for how much? If not, why not?