Rangers News: Rangers in Talks with Derek Morris

This from Steve Zippay over at Newsday:

"We're being patient," Morris' agent, Brad Devine, told TFP. "We have a few situations that we're interested in, but we're not in a hurry."

Morris split the 2008-09 campaign between the Phoenix Coyotes and New York Rangers. He was dealt to the Blueshirts at the trade deadline for Dmitri Kalinin, Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes.

Devine acknowledged that the Rangers have expressed an interest in re-signing his client. "Yes, they have. Glen and I have had a couple talks," he said. "They're definitely in the loop."
Morris is looking for an environment he's comfortable with, as Devine indicated that the length of his next contract isn't a deciding factor.

"Term doesn't really bother Derek," Devine explained. "Term seems to be an issue out there, but one-year is fine with him... two years, three years, four years; he's flexible."

I bolded the key part for you there.

I would say no to Morris, give the kids a shot. I was not his biggest fan but he wouldn't be the worst thing in the wold.

You're thoughts?