FanPost

Flyers possibly still on the hook even when Pronger retires?

Elliotte Friedman posted on his Twitter that...

Yes, its an Over 35 deal, and yes, every year will count against the Flyers cap even if Chris retires."

He also goes on to say that...

Bill Daly on Pronger contract: "The relevant date is the June 30 before the extension becomes effective. So that's June 30, 2010...

So even when Pronger retires the FLyers will still be on the hook for his 5 million per cap hit. HOW SWEET THAT SOUNDS!!!