FanPost

Rangers News: Rangers sign Brian Boyle

According to TSN.CA, The Rangers signed RFA Brian Boyle...

The New York Rangers have agreed to terms with restricted free agent forward Brian Boyle, according to team president and general manager Glen Sather. The 24-year-old Boyle was acquired from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for a third round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Boyle had four goals and one assist in 28 games with L.A. last season, spending the rest of his time with the Manchester Monarchs of the AHL. The 6'7, 225-pound native of Hingham, Massachusetts was chosen 26th overall by the Kings in the first round of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. He has eight goals and two assists in 36 career games with the Kings.

I'm happy to see Sather working on our RFA's but we have two very important ones left (not including Zherdev cause I have no clue what his deal is with thinking he can 4.5 million) Dubinsky and Cally. Come on Slats get on this and sign those two and work something out with Zherdev. Also this from the Rangers site...

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has agreed to terms with restricted free agent forward Brian Boyle.
Brian Boyle, a first-round pick in the very deep 2003 NHL Entry Draft, has recorded eight goals in only 36 career NHL games. Boyle, 24, was acquired by the Rangers on June 27 from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for a third round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Boyle appeared in 28 games with the Kings last season, registering four goals and one assist for five points, along with 42 penalty minutes. He established career-highs in games played (28) and penalty minutes (42). Boyle notched three goals in a four-game span from March 28 at Nashville to April 4 vs. Phoenix. He also skated in 42 games with the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League (AHL), recording 10 goals and 11 assists for 21 points, along with 73 penalty minutes. He collected two points (one goal and one assist) in his season debut with the Monarchs on December 5 vs. Worcester.
In addition, Boyle posted two, four-game scoring streaks – December 13 vs. Providence to December 17 at Manitoba (one goal and four assists) and March 4 vs. Springfield to March 8 at Worcester (two goals and two assists). The 6-7, 252-pounder has skated in 36 career NHL games with Los Angeles, recording eight goals and two assists for 10 points, along with 46 penalty minutes. He registered two points (one goal and one assist) and a plus-two rating in his NHL debut on February 2, 2008 at New Jersey. Boyle has also appeared in 114 career AHL contests with Manchester, collecting 41 goals and 42 assists for 83 points, along with 162 penalty minutes. In 2007-08, he established AHL career-highs in games played (70), goals (31), assists (31), points (62), and penalty minutes (87). That year, he led the Monarchs in goals, ranked second on the team in points and fourth in assists. His 31 goals also led all AHL rookies and ranked 10th in the league overall, while he finished second in the league among rookies with 62 points. Boyle also tallied three goals and five assists for eight points in 16 postseason contests with Manchester during the 2007 Calder Cup Playoffs. The Hingham, Mass., native was originally Los Angeles’ first round choice, 26th overall, in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.