FanPost

Breathe easy Rangers fans...Koivu signs in Anaheim

This from tsn.ca...
After spending his entire career in Montreal, Saku Koivu will be calling Orange County his home. The Anaheim Ducks have signed the free agent centre to a one-year, $3.25 million contract. Koivu, 34, had been the Canadiens' second-longest serving captain. His nine seasons with the 'C' trailed only the legendary Jean Beliveau, who was captain for 10 seasons. Koivu, who was drafted by the Canadiens with the 21st overall pick in the 1993 draft, had hoped to stay with Habs but realized if a deal did not get completed quickly, that the team that had 10 free agents following the season, would likely look elsewhere. "If I'm not signed by July 1, I don't think I'll be back in Montreal," Koivu said after the Canadiens were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs by the Boston Bruins. "Finishing your career with one team would be awesome in a way, but it's too early to say because I don't know what the team's plan is." Koivu had a great deal of hard luck in Montreal. He suffered a potentially career-ending eye injury in 2006 in the playoffs against the Hurricanes. He missed most of the 2001-02 season with Intra-abdominal non-Hodgkins lymphoma. Koivu has suited up in 792 games and has scored 191 goals with 450 assists. He played in only 65 games for the Habs in 2008-09, after dealing with a foot injury. He scored 16 goals and posted 36 assists.
Well ther goes all of the rumors of him signing in NY or NJ. I don't know i would have felt with him in a Rangers jersey. How do you all feel about this?