FanPost

Marian Gaborik: Last of the Original Wild

Jim Souhan of the Star Tribune has a nice piece about Marian Gaborik saying goodbye in St. Paul

Souhan's article references the strained relationship between Gaborik and Wild management (both front office and Lemaire), which is hardly earth-shattering news.  But it also serves to highlight a level of maturity on Gaborik's part.  Instead of signing a big contract and saying "so long," he took the time out to thank the organization and - more importantly I say - the community for supporting him throughout his nine-year career.

This does not necessarily change my opinion of Gaborik one way or another - after all, I'm still excited to see a healthy Gaborik don the blue sweater this fall - but it is a nice touch.  Plus, it is far more relaxing than reading about Korpikoski's potential move to the KHL or the ongoing Zherdev discussion.