FanPost

Rangers sign Kotalik

The Rangers just announced the signing of Ales Kotalik. Though he finished last season with Edmonton, the 30-year old Kotalik was with Buffalo Sabres for 8 years before that. This likely means two things. First, the Rangers don't expect Nik Zherdev to come back and wanted a cheaper more reliable for their top line. Second, Chris Drury must have played a factor in the signing. They played for three seasons together in Buffalo, each having some of their most productive years while together. What about a potential first line of Gaborik-Drury-Kotalik? That's potentially a monster force and potentially disastrous.

The terms of the contract have yet to be released.