New York Rangers Spotlight: Aaron Voros

via assets.nydailynews.com

At season's end, Rob did an analysis of each player on the roster, and gave some thoughts on what lies ahead for each one. Since so many of you are new to Blueshirt Banter, we thought we would bring some of those profiles to you again. Today we have Rob's look at Aaron Voros:

Giving Aaron Voros $1.2 million last season was another head-scratcher from Glen Sather, but he came out of the gate flying in 2008. Unfortunately, this would not last as Voros would play very little in the second half, and almost not at all under new coach John Tortorella. Voros has spent a lot of his career in the minors, and one of his biggest problem is playing consistently well in the NHL. Scoring so much early did not help expectations of him, because he couldn't keep a point per game pace for long, and he dropped off the depth chart for the Rangers. He will be back next season, and if he could find his game more next season, he could reach over 20 points and have a place on a Ranger offense that could use his size and physical play in a third or fourth line role.

Final thought from Jim:

It will take a minor miracle or an act of blackmail for Voros to be on the Rangers roster come Opening Night. Despite the fast start he got off to, Voros turned out to be no more useful than a cinder block on skates, and about as fast. I hear the IHOP in Hartford makes a mean waffle, Aaron, you are going to love it there.