Rangers News: Ranger prospects survive US team cuts

New York Rangers first round draft pick speaks to the media after being selected in the 2009 NHL Draft in Montreal. (Photo by Jim Schmiedeberg)

From Rangers.com: (click link for full story)

All three Rangers prospects at the U.S. National Junior Team evaluation camp successfully passed through Monday's cuts and will compete in Team USA's upcoming four-game series against Russia in Lake Placid, N.Y.

Prospects Chris Kreider, Ryan Bourque and Derek Stepan impressed the USA Hockey leadership enough in three recent intra-squad scrimmages to earn spots on the U.S. team. They also went a long way toward earning spots on the U.S. roster for the 2010 World Junior Championships. The entire U.S. World Junior team is likely to come from the group of 29 who survived Monday's cuts.

The USA-Russia series begins at 6 p.m. on Tuesday evening in Lake Placid.