Team USA pounds Russia 6-1 at USA Hockey National Junior Evaluation Camp

Ryan Bourque poses with his family after being selected in the 3rd round of the 2009 NHL Draft by the New York Rangers. (Photo by Jim Schmiedeberg)

Ranger prospects had another good night at the USA Hockey Junior Evaluation Camp. Derek Stepan had 2 assists, and Ryan Bourque potted the final goal in a 6-1 victory over Russia in the USA Hockey National Junior Evaluation Camp.

Bourque also added an assist.

From the USA Hockey website:(click link for full story):

LAKE PLACID, N.Y. – Team USA capitalized on strong special-teams play as it captured a 6-1 victory over Russia in the teams’ second matchup at the 2009 USA Hockey National Junior Evaluation Camp at the Olympic Center in Lake Placid.

Team USA scored four times with the man advantage while surrendering no power-play goals. Goalie Jack Campbell (Port Huron, Mich.) earned a hard-fought win, stopping 24 shots and denying Russia on all four of its five-on-three power-play opportunities.

Team USA put the game away in the third period with three unanswered goals. Fowler tallied his second power-play goal of the night at 3:21 of the third, throwing a wrist shot through traffic and past the Russian goalie. Kyle Palmieri (Montvale, N.J.) notched his fifth goal of the camp one minute later, driving hard to the net and jamming the puck under Skikin’s pads. Ryan Bourque (Boxford, Mass.) scored Team USA’s final goal as he buried a chance from the slot off a pass from Schroeder.

NOTES
: Team USA defeated Russia in the teams’ first matchup on Aug. 11, 8-1 … The USA Hockey National Junior Evaluation Camp will feature two more games between Team USA and Russia Aug. 14-15 … Full camp coverage, including stats, photos and features, are available at usahockey.com … The 2010 U.S. National Junior Team, to be selected later this year, will participate in the International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championship in Regina and Saskatoon, Sask., Dec. 26, 2009-Jan. 5. 2010.

Good stuff, nice to see the Rangers prospects representing well up there.

Props to Jess at The Prospect Park for bringing this to our attention