FanPost

Is Messier the waiting in the wings G.M. now that he's on the Rangers payroll?

Well It's official, Mark Messier is the Special Assistant to the club President...(Glen Sather) of the New York Rangers. JUst read it on the NY post website and I gotta tell you how excited I was to read that! Granted it's not the assistant GM job but he's got his foot in the door nonetheless. And he was quoted as saying....." I have a good eye for talent" and "I will learn what it takes to build a champion" I dont know but it sounds like a future GM talking to me................no? And how long do you think it'll be b4 amid the "FIre Sather" chants at the Garden that we will hear the "Hire Messier" chants?.................hehe.