FanPost

NHL News: Todd Bertuzzi to join the Detroit Red Wings

According to Darren Dregar, Todd Bertuzzi is close to returning to the Red Wings. Thus another option for the Rangers off the table. Not that it was a good option. I may be in the minority on this one but I have favorable feelings towards Burtuzzi. Aside from the Steve Moore incident, Burtuzzi is a guy who you would want to go to war with. I actually wanted the Rangers to sign him last year so he could be reunited with Markus Naslund. The West Coast Express was one of the NHL's most dominant lines.

Nevertheless, Detroit gets tougher. They add grit and some scoring. All in all, I think that the dominance of Detroit will come to an end real soon. With a lack of goaltending depth and aging stars, I feel Detroit will fall back to earth. Once Nicklas Lidstrom and Chris Osgood retire, Hockeytown will take a big hit.

[Note by Jim Schmiedeberg, 08/18/09 2:21 PM EDT  ESPN is reporting the deal is done, pending a "turn your head and cough" for Bertuzzi]

Todd_bertuzzi_medium

via www.rotorob.com

[Note by Jim Schmiedeberg, 08/18/09 2:22 PM EDT  PS, that sound you hear is "Pauly D" sobbing, he wanted Bertuzzi on the Rangers bad.]