FanPost

Rangers Release Traverse City Roster (CONFIRMED)

In just over two weeks the Rangers will be sending a team of youngsters to Traverse City, Michigan for the annual prospect tournament hosted by the Detroit Red Wings. According to the Red Wings Official Site, Just today the rosters were released for the teams withing the tournament, including the Rangers. Here is the squad that will be representing the Blueshirts:

FORWARDS
63 Daniel Bartek C — Everett (WHL)
60 Ryan Bourque C - USA U-18 (USDP)
57 Chris Chappell LW — Saginaw (OHL)
58 Paul Crowder C — Alaska (NCAA)
56 Craig Cunningham LW — Vancouver (WHL)
59 Evgeny Grachev C - Brampton (OHL)
64 Roman Horak C - Ceske Budejovice HC (Czech)
67 Luke Pither C — Guelph (OHL)
53 Justin SoryalLW — Hartford (AHL)
55 Luke Walker RW — Portland (WHL)
65 Dale WeiseRW - Hartford (AHL)
61 Ethan Werek C - Kingston (OHL)

DEFENSEMEN
47 Mike Berube D — Vancouver (WHL)
43 Michael Del ZottoD - Oshawa (OHL)
48 Tysen DowzakD — Kelowna (WHL)
51 Mitch Gaulton D - Erie (OHL)
70 Trevor Glass D — Spokane (WHL)
72 Samuel Klassen D — Saskatoon (WHL)
46 Tomas KundratekD - Medicine Hat (WHL)
52 Daniel Maggio D - Sudbury (OHL)

 GOALTENDERS
96 Chad Johnson G - Alaska (NCAA)
94 Scott Stajcer G - Owen Sound (OHL)

Anyway, here are some players to watch; Chad Johnson, newly acquired goalie out of the OHL, Sam Klassen, signed by Rangers this summer, Mike Del Zotto, OHL prospect looking to make a legitimate run for a roster spot with the Rangers this season, Ethan Werek, drafted in the second round of this year's draft, Evgeny Grachev, probably the most skilled out of all Ranger prospects, Chris Chappell, newly acquired LW from the OHL, and finally Ryan Bourque who the Rangers drafted in the third round and made a big splash in the U20 tournament last week.

Despite the absence of some key prospects, the Rangers have a solid team, and will look to repeat what they did just a few years ago, and that is become the champions of the tournament. I will be posting up more information regarding the tournament as it approaches.

-Nick (rangerstribune.com)