FanPost

NHL Network will not carry Traverse City Tournament

Based on the fact that their online schedule only goes out about 2 weeks, I decided to send an email to the NHL Network to find out if there was any information available.

In the past, the NHL Network has provided some coverage of the Detroit Red Wings' "Traverse City Prospects Tournament"

HTTP://www.redwingscentral.com/stories/2009_06/08_Camp.php

Will there be coverage of games this year ?

Thanks in advance.

I have to admit that I was expecting that they would be covering at least a few of the games, based on the fact that they've done so in the past. Their response, just received:

Thank you for your email.  No, the NHL Network will not be covering the Traverse City Tournament this year.

Thanks,
NHL TV

To say the least, this is very disappointing. I can't imagine that it would be expensive for them to send a skeletal crew out to provide some coverage, and would provide a whole lot more viewers than the 75th replay of a playoff game or some other archived material.

This "so-called" network is never going to grow if they don't start to spend some time and $$$ promoting the game - which is exactly what an event like the TC Tournament does - featuring future stars and gives fans something to look forward too. Really, really dumb on their part.....