Rangers News: Christopher Higgins pays special visit to Schneider Children's Hospital

Photo courtesy of the Daily News

We don't bring you guys too many stories like this, but maybe we should. We spend a lot of time talking about athletes who screw up, and don't pay enough attention to the ones who are out there making a difference.

I love the fact that Chris Higgins has been all over the place since being traded back to NY, getting himself back into the community. I see a few "Good Guy" awards in his future.

Official Press Release from the New York Rangers (I don't have to link them anymore!)

New York, August 26, 2009 - An exciting new addition to the New York Rangers' roster this season, Smithtown, NY native Christopher Higgins will spend the afternoon of September 1 brightening the day of Schneider Children's Hospital patients by posing for photographs, signing autographs and conducting private bedside visits.

Schneider Children's Hospital is the newest partner hospital of the Garden of Dreams Foundation, a nonprofit charity that works closely with all areas of Madison Square Garden, including the New York Rangers, Knicks, Liberty, MSG Media, MSG Entertainment and Fuse to "make dreams come true for kids in crisis". Garden of Dreams partners with local children's hospitals, "wish" organizations and community-based organizations to build on-going, unforgettable programs for children in the tri-state area who are suffering from serious illness, homelessness, abuse, hunger, extreme poverty and tragedy.