NHL News: Alex Tanguay reportedly signs with Lightning

According to reports, Alex Tanguay has agreed to sign with the Tampa Bay Lightning, pending a physical.

Full story from TSN

Highlights:

The two sides have reportedly been in negotiation since July, but it was not until two weeks ago when Tanguay was contacted by Lightning stars Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis that he decided to join the Bolts.

When freed of defensive shackles, the smooth skating Tanguay is a point-a-game type producer who could flourish with a change of scenery, specifically with the offensive weapons around him that the Lightning possess in Lecavalier, St. Louis, Steven Stamkos and Ryan Malone.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

For more information on the Lightning, visit John and Cassie over at SBNation's Raw Charge