FanPost

Beating a dead Horse

Now i know ive been complaining alot about the rangers of late, but this really irks me. Everyone knows the deal. Nik Zherdev will most likely NOT be a ranger in the very short future.

But here is what drives me crazy about glen sather.

The man simply doesnt know what he is doing. He would rather pay Wade Redden an incredible amount of money for a long time, than pay a YOUNG and incredibly skilled top 6 foward a good amount for 1 year.

 He trades away a solid d man in fedor tyutin and gets zherdev. Now youre gonna dump zherdev and we are stuck for a couple more seasons with redden?! It doesnt make sense to me at all.

Who would you ranter have on your team? Zherdev or Redden? I dont even think you can say Redden and mean it. Not at that salary. Even with a lower salary, i wouldnt want him.

Zherdev will be 25. redden is in his 30s and on the decline. He isnt going to have a breakout season. Zherdev could.

If Sather didnt smoke crack a year ago before he signed wade redden, then dubinsky and zherdev would be signed no problem.

Ive been a zherdev fan for a long time now. Yes he is like alex kovalev. Remember how kovalev was on Pitt? imagine a few seasons like that from Zherdev on the rangers? We arent talking about Bobby Holik, or Anson Carter here. Two of the biggest hacks to come to broadway.(but i think anson carter + money for jagr was the greatest deal ever.) We are talking about an actual skilled player. He is unmotivated at times yes... but i can deal with that if he scores 70 points. i think his potential is totally worth it for this season.

Gaborik for 7 mil... the guy is made of glass. At least Zherdev will play games for you and give you the potential of being a kovalchuk. gaborik gives you the potential to be pat lafontaine but with groin injuries. Think of him as a Jose Reyes of the hockey world.

I leave you with this brain buster: