NHL News: Brendan Shanahan to return to the Devils

via www.nypost.com

Shanny is staying in Newark.

Here is the full story from the Boston Herald

Isn't it funny how the headline of the story is "Brendan Shanahan, 40......." like his age is part of his last name?

Although I guess that is better than "Brendan Shanahan, 2 years older than mud, will return to the New Jersey Devils next season"

Or "Brendan Shanahan, who learned how to skate during the Ice Age, will return to the New Jersey Devils next season"

Anyway there it is, the Devils took this temptation off the table for the Rangers. Not that I think the Rangers were really ever interested, but the thought may have crossed their mind.