FanPost

Team New York

Last week we broke down Team Canada into 7 different provincial teams.  This week, we are breaking up Team USA into different States.  Monday we looked at Team Michigan, Tuesday we looked at Team Minnesota and today we look at Team New York, which is 3rd overall in terms of U.S. players contributed to the NHL last season.

Team New York:

Team New York is an interesting mix.  The 27th largest state in the union based on total geography, it ranks as the third in total population.  As a result one would expect that New York state would be well represented in the NHL.  Turns out that it currently ranks third, behind Michigan and Minnesota.

Very talented group of forwards without alot of pop from the back end.  The goalie contingent looks like a future Red Wings goalie camp.  To complete our trio we had to coax a goalie out of recent retirement to have a full compliment of tenders.

Coach: Ted Sator - Not to diminsh Mr. Sator, but it didn’t appear that there was much competition.  Couldn’t find any coaches with NHL, AHL or even College experience from NY.  He hasn’t been in the NHL in over ten years and last coached in North America at the ECHL level with the New Orleans Brass.

Goalie:

1. Jimmy Howard

2. Robert Esche

3. Thomas McCollum

For a complete look at Team New York, click here.