NHL News: Jeremy Roenick retiring

Jeremy Roenick is retiring today after 20 years in the NHL. After 513 goals, over 700 assists, and stops in Chicago, Phoenix, Philly, Los Angeles, and San Jose, the future Hall of Famer has decided he has had enough.

"I prided myself on being hard working for myself, my teammates, and my family. One of the hardest aspects, but extremely important and rewarding had been to keep that fire burning inside me to win. The fire is still burning inside, but my body has been extinguished; retirement is here." Roenick said in a statement released on his website, Roenicklife.com.

When I was going to Coyote games, Roenick was one of my favorites. I saw him play with his jaw wired shut in Game 7 of the 1999 Conference Quarterfinals against the Blues, a game the Coyotes lost in overtime. Roenick had missed the whole series because of the injury, but after the Coyotes had let a 3-1 lead in the series slip away, he was on the ice for the deciding game.

Best of luck to "JR" in whatever he does, and thanks for the memories.

Full story from NHL.com