Rangers Training Camp: Early Team Notes

Here are some early notes from this morning at training camp:

From Andrew Gross on the tweets:

Matt Maccarone scores first goal of season for Rangers, beating Matt Zaba high.

Matt Maccarone scores his second, beating Zaba from the right FO circle seconds after Gilroy hits crossbar.

Holy Macaroni! The kid's dominating camp! Look, we've said all along this is Matt Maccarone's team.

Fifth-round pick Scott Stajcer will replace Matt Zaba in net for second period.

We've been hearing some good things about Stajcer, and Jess at Prospect Park had glowing reviews of him, it will be interesting to see how he performs against the big boys.

Justin Soryal deflects one past Henrik Lundqvist from the slot.

From Jim Cerny on Twitter:

Gilroy standing out leading rush, skating really well

Jim also had a great article on the Rangers website recapping day one of training camp. Remember Jim is joining us tonight for Blueshirt Banter Radio at 7 PM

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren agrees with most of us, he finds it "mind-boggling" that no one else had signed Blair Betts.