Rumor Mill: Boston Herald says Rangers still in mix for Phil Kessel

Whether its true, or just conjecture, the Rangers are still being mentioned as pursuers of Bruins winger Phil Kessel.

This is from today's Boston Herald: (click link for full story)

TORONTO - Because of the looming threat the Bruins [team stats] will not be able to match an offer sheet for free agent Phil Kessel [stats], two well-placed sources in Toronto said the team is close to pulling off a blockbuster trade involving the 21-year-old sniper.

According to the sources, the deal likely will be finalized within the next week, as four teams are in the running. Toronto and Nashville have made the best offers in talks with B’s general manager Peter Chiarelli. Minnesota and the New York Rangers also are in the mix.