FanPost

Toronto-Boston-NYR Three Way Deal involving Dubi-Kessel

new crazy rumor from the boston globe about a 3 team deal with us, toronto and bos where boston gets dubi and toronto's 1st, toronto gets kessel and we get a 1st and a prospect.

full article here: http://tinyurl.com/qmtkom

the part that actually matters to the rangers is:

"With Burke willing to surrender his pair of first-round picks, he conceivably could flip one of those picks and possibly a prospect to the Rangers for Dubinsky, who last year connected for 13 goals and 41 points for the highly-mediocre Blueshirts. Burke then could turn around and offer Chiarelli the first-rounder and Dubinsky, the 60th pick overall in the 2004 draft, for Kessel."

Anyway right now if we could get a 1st for dubi i would consider it especially if the prospect we get is any good.  Nazeem Kadri, Mikhail Stefanovich would certainly make it worth it.  I am probably one of the biggest Dubinsky supporters here and i know there are many of them or at least there were before the holdout, but even if they close out this holdout with a 1 year deal the animosity is going to linger and it will only be repeated in future negotiations.  Getting a 1st and a prospect the caliber of either of those two even if we had to give up someone like Sangs i think it worth it because I dont see Toronto being that good and so it should turn out to be a decent pick and Sangs has been suspect in camp so his stock isnt on the rise especially with all the prospects we have on the blue line.

Now that i have said all that i assume this is just a fantasy report by the writer, but in the case it is at all true i would make the deal.  thoughts?