FanPost

Rangers Keep 25

According to a tweet from Andrew Gross the Rangers have decided to keep 25 players for the time being having sent

Chad Johnson, Matt Zaba, Ilkka Heikkinen, Corey Potter and Paul Crowder sent to Hartford (AHL).

This would leave 15 forwards, 8 d-men and 2 goalies.  thoughts on the moves first with the easier group it tells me that not sending Del Zotto back to Juniors today says he should make the team and the 7th spot is down to Semenov and Sangs.  I think Semenov will get the spot because of his experience in the NHL.

As far as the forwards this leaves Prospal, Dubinsky, Gaborik, Higgins, Drury, Kotalik, Anisimov, Cally, Brashear, Boyle, Grachev, Lisin, Parenteau, Voros and Avery.  My guess says the battle is down to Gracev, Voros, PA and Lisin for probably 2 spots where i think Grachev will go down because i dont see a spot on the top 3 lines with dubi back, Lisin i think has played well enough to be on the top 3 lines, but again i dont see a spot he can take from someone else so i think he will get 4th line RW duties and they will carry PA or Voros as a 13th forward.  PA obviously has more offensive upside and a cheaper salary, but i think if Voros plays the next couple games as he played the last two he will get a spot on the roster.

I am a little disappointed but not surprised by the decision to send Johnson down not that i expected him to beat out Vally because of the classy way Vally has been all about the team the last couple years and been a great pro in always being ready when Lundy finally gets a day off, but i would have liked to see Johnson get another game up here.

My final 22 would be

Prospal - Dubi/Artem - Gaborik

Higgins - Drury - Kotalik

Avery -Dubi/Artem - Cally

Brashear - Boyle - Lisin

extra Voros

Staal - Gilroy

MDZ - Girardi

Redden - Rozi

xtra- Semenov

As far as the cap goes that lineupgiving Semenov a salary similar to Sangs about 850K would give us about 260K in cap space which is very tight, but doable.

SB Nation Featured Video