Rangers News: Rangers trim roster to 25 players

Official Press Release from NY Rangers:

Nyr_medium

RANGERS TRIM TRAINING CAMP ROSTER BY FIVE

25 Active Players Remain With The Club

New York, September 19, 2009 - New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has assigned the following five players to Hartford (AHL): goaltenders Chad Johnson and Matt Zaba; defensemen Ilkka Heikkinen and Corey Potter; and forward Paul Crowder.

The Rangers now have 25 players remaining in training camp, including two goaltenders, eight defensemen and 15 forwards.  The team will have an off day tomorrow and continue their exhibition schedule Monday, September 21 at 7:00 PM when the team will face-off against the Red Wings at Madison Square Garden.  The morning skate will be held at the Madison Square Garden Training Center at 10:30 AM.

PLAYERS ASSIGNED TO HARTFORD (AHL) ON 9/19/09:

Goal:                      Chad Johnson, Matt Zaba

Defense:                Ilkka Heikkinen, Corey Potter

Forwards:              Paul Crowder

PLAYERS STILL IN NEW YORK RANGERS TRAINING CAMP:

Goal:                      Henrik Lundqvist, Steve Valiquette

Defense:                Michael Del Zotto, Matt Gilroy, Dan Girardi, Wade Redden, Michal Rozsival, Bobby Sanguinetti, Alexei Semenov, Marc Staal

Forwards:              Artem Anisimov, Sean Avery, Brian Boyle, Donald Brashear, Ryan Callahan, Chris Drury, Brandon Dubinsky, Marian Gaborik, Evgeny Grachev, Christopher Higgins, Ales Kotalik, Enver Lisin, P.A. Parenteau, Vinny Prospal, Aaron Voros