FanPost

Rangers News: Hockey News Article on Artem Anisimov

The Hockey News website has a positive article on the Rangers. In it explains how they will not be surprised to see Artem Anisimov taking home the Calder trophy as top rookie this year. Ill post some quotes but other wise click the link here and check it out for yourselves.

John Tavares. Victor Hedman. Ville Leino. Semyon Varlamov.

Artem Anisimov?

The Calder race is the most difficult trophy chase to predict because out-of-nowhere stellar performances are common. Bobby Ryan and Drew Doughty had been highly touted prospects coming into last season and while golden world junior goalie Steve Mason is no slouch either, no one thought he’d lead the NHL in shutouts with 10 – not to mention Kris Versteeg’s surprise performance.

It’s guys like Mason, Versteeg and Anisimov who throw this yearly exuberant debate into a speed wobble.

“He’ll explode as a rookie if his hybrid Russian-North American game can strike a balance,” explained the scout.

His camp performance demonstrates he can do it all at the top levels after finishing fifth in AHL scoring last season with 37 goals and 81 points in 80 games.

A second-rounder of New York’s in 2006, Anisimov was taken four picks after Boston’s Milan Lucic and part of the reason he didn’t go earlier was because he was lacing them up for Yaroslavl in Russia and his future was uncertain.

Well, he’s here now and everyone is taking notice.

It must feel like Christmas Eve for Ranger fans.

I have been waiting for the past two years to see Anisimov get his chance with the Rangers. Ever since we drafted him in 2006 I have kept a close eye on him. So now it is great to see that people are recognizing the talent and skills he has to offer to the team. I went to preseason games last year just to see him play. Anyway, this year is hopefully going to be one to remember for New York Rangers fans for a long time to come. Oct. 2nd can't come fast enough. Any which way, LETS GO RANGERS!!!